View Single Post
Old 07-19-2011, 06:25 AM   #9
jennzy
YT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cha Cha View Post
Keep an eye on Coco. The rignworm fungus is everywhere and conditions have to be right in the body for it to become a problem. If she is under some kind of stress her immune system could be compromised. That's a perfect time for ringworm to show its ugly face. Weight loss could be an indicator that something else is going on and you may want to ask your vet about that.

I have never heard that ringworm makes you hungry.

As far as them being more susceptible to ringworm once they have had it..I don't know. I think they are more susceptible to it if their immune system is compromised, or they are stressed. Moving can certainly do it. One thing though, ringworm is more common in areas where the weather is warm and humid. The hard winter freeze and cooler weather in Canada should help manage it much better.
I dontknow but i remember hearing that when i was younger... you know how sometimes things just stick to your head :P

I really do think the hot and humidity have done it... it was extremely humid during the monsoon season which lasted a week...

Thank you for your informative posts
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!