View Single Post
Old 07-19-2011, 06:13 AM   #7
Cha Cha
Donating YT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennzy View Post
you know what?
he probably did... because i was in shocked from the fact that coco has ringworm i stopped listening :P

Coco lost a lot of weight too! she went in for a consult for her spay 2.5 weeks ago and she was healthy 2.2kg and today she went down to 1.9kg!!! eeek!

I actually don't know much about ringworms except that my my family friend's son had it when we were in grade 4 and all i know is that it makes you hungry all the time and you have a 3d rings that pop on your skin...

The vet did mention that I could get it so I'm going to see if anything funny happens to me and get myself checked out as well :P

I was wondering... if a dog has ringworm is the dog most likely catch it again???

I should really do some more research onthis...
Keep an eye on Coco. The rignworm fungus is everywhere and conditions have to be right in the body for it to become a problem. If she is under some kind of stress her immune system could be compromised. That's a perfect time for ringworm to show its ugly face. Weight loss could be an indicator that something else is going on and you may want to ask your vet about that.

I have never heard that ringworm makes you hungry.

As far as them being more susceptible to ringworm once they have had it..I don't know. I think they are more susceptible to it if their immune system is compromised, or they are stressed. Moving can certainly do it. One thing though, ringworm is more common in areas where the weather is warm and humid. The hard winter freeze and cooler weather in Canada should help manage it much better.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!