View Single Post
Old 07-19-2011, 05:13 AM   #1
jennzy
YT 500 Club Member

Default Ringworm and i. The worst mommy

Last week after bathing coco i noticed a dry scabby but peely type spot. Because the scabs were flaking off i thought perhaps it was from her pin brush and it probably cut her skin. I felt bad and from then on i bushed her cautiously.

Because today is cocos spay i went to the groomer and she showed me like three swolleen red spots! She wasnt sure exaxtly what it was but she said its from her biting herself.

I necer saw her bite heself until last night when we got home from the groomers.

Today when we went to the vet i showed her these spots and the vet took her to examine her skin. The nurse asked me to go with her to the other room and there the vet told me that he thinks it could be ring worm!! The light he held showed green glow from her hair and he said that is a sign of rinworms butjust to make sure he will take her hair and test it. Within 10mi s he said its ringworm but we have to waut few more days to be positive!!

I told the vet that i have no clue how she got i because she onl eats dry food! He said bdcause ringworm is highly contagious she could have caught this from another dog!

The nurse told me that this is quite common problem in korea and there was nothin i could have done to prevent it!

I am extremeky upset witb mysekf because i didnt know and thout it was just a scab from her oin brush. The vet said that if it is positive he will prescribe her medicin and it wll take anywhere btwn 3-12 weeks depending on her.

Im worried because we are moving back to Canada on August 17th and im afraid they wont allow her in.

Are ringworms really that common? What can i do in the future to prevent it and anyone had this experience with their dogs??

I know that i need to keep her in quarentine from other dogs and people...

Ugggh i feel like the worst doggy mom ever!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!