View Single Post
Old 07-18-2011, 04:26 PM   #4
RoxyLuv
Donating YT 500 Club Member

I'd grab one of her many squeaky toys & squeak it to distract her attention to entice her into a play session or toss for fetch. It would draw her away from whatever she was getting into and trading it off with some fun. That way there was no real discipline involved. It's one of my ways of training her to leave things that weren't hers. Goldie may have a different kind of favorite toys that would works better for her, but squeaky toys were the best for Roxy. The squeak draws her attention immediately, then some play right after was a reward. In Roxy's world, if a toy doesn't squeak, it's not a toy. lol! She has a basket full of toys. The latex squeaky ones are her favorites. Does Goldie appear to know how to play? Some of the rescues I've read about don't know how to play, and need to learn how. I've not had that experience, so I can't advise you on that.

Classes should certainly help. Remember though that for classes to really work, you have to do the work between classes. The instructors just teach you how to work your dog.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!