Thread: Scared Child
View Single Post
Old 01-04-2006, 04:18 PM   #9
whispersmom2
Inactive Account

Hi, MightyDior. I am in agreement with Stacy (Sylvan)..My neighbor's son is 3 and has lived here for a year. I have several Yorkies all ages, colors, sexes and sizes and there is NOT one that he is NOT afraid of. We have worked with his parents who want to take a large rescue when the time is right but Matt is deathly afraid. Only ONE time have I even considered letting one of my Yorkies go to a home where there is a young child(you know who you are-LOL). The small dog to smal child is a recipe for a disaster IMO. And, when the child ages to like 6-7 what kind of doggie police will the kid be? I ask this because by that age they have playmates who come into your home to play. Either you crate the dog when the kids are there or carte the kids when the dog is out.
Talk with someone who has a very laid-back dog that would let you work with your child and the problem. BUT, I would NEVER bring a dog into my home with a very scared child. Reminds me of throwing a kid afraid of water into the pool. Sheer Terror and a lifelong phobia can result.
whispersmom2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!