View Single Post
Old 07-18-2011, 11:06 AM   #20
linz06
Donating YT 500 Club Member

Well, we went to the vet on Saturday morning and I asked the vet for advice. She said putting up a poster in the post office was a great idea. She also said maybe we could check with the senior's home right across the street from us. Most of them are in good health and it would give them something to do! I hadn't thought of that. She said if it's a last resort, we could always take her to the vet's office for the days, but that would be really a last resort for us. I know it would stress Layla out.

Anyways, so I made a poster. It says:

WANTED
Someone to care for a very friendly special-needs dog on weekday afternoons.
Only 5-10 minutes per day.
Please call for details.

And then I added a cute little picture of Layla smiling.

We took it to the post office and told the lady we'd like to put up a poster. She read it, and told us it MIGHT be okay. She'd let us put it up that day, but if the main person didn't like it, she'd just tear it down on Monday when she was back at work.

I was shocked I didn't realize they were that strict on what went up. I've seen posters for people wanting child care and stuff, lost pets, found pets, job offers, places for rent, everything. I guess after work today we'll stop and see if it's still up.

It's the only really public board in the whole town, and everyone goes to the post office for mail. I can't believe they might just rip it down
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!