View Single Post
Old 07-17-2011, 06:11 PM   #1054
Bruce's_Mom
YT 500 Club Member

I have followed this case just as closely as most average spectators and I have to say I believe Casey is guilty of something but the lynch mob mentality that has broken out since her acquittal is shameful. It is an absolute disgrace that those jurors are now largely in hiding, have been forced from their families, jobs and homes...

It is obvious that most people wanted Casey convicted (part of me did) and carted off for execution. Most assumed she was guilty before the trial even began. What ever happened to "innocent until proven guilty"? Apparently that axiom is dead, and now this country has embraced a lynch-mob mentality when it comes to the justice system. I cannot help but feel angry and upset that so many people not only that this is a "national issue," but would wish harm and throw outrage at 12 people who sat and performed their civic duty. May god bless them for their service and fidelity to the law.

The prosecution in the Anthony case did not make its case beyond a reasonable doubt. Americans should feel a bit safer and freer when a jury does not succumb to the hysteria of the lynch mob and convict someone based only on a little circumstantial evidence, the fact that she lied to the police, and other indictments of her character. It means there are still some people out there who understand how grave it is to damn someone to prison or death without certainty that the person is guilty. It means some people out there actually understand the concept of justice
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!