Thread: Introduction
View Single Post
Old 07-16-2011, 08:57 PM   #1
slthoeny
Yorkie Yakker

Default Introduction

I wanted to introduce myself a bit. I am a mother of a 12 year old girl. She is fantastic (other than gowing up way too fast). But she just suffered a terrible loss. Her yorkie mix died last week. She is heartbroken. Actually we all are, but it is worse for her. This was her baby. Little Miss was her best friend. She slept with her every night.

I am resisting the urge to run out and buy her a new puppy. I want to take the time to finnd the right puppy. We lucked out with Little Miss. She was an impulse decision that turned out great. Even with her death I do not regret getting her. She was such a good little dog.

I do want to get her a new puppy, but want to do it right. I have been looking a bit, and am having a hard time finding breeders in Arkansas. I mean there are a ton of ads in the paper, but I do not want to support a puppy mill. I want a puppy that has been raised with people. One that has parents that are loved, not considered a commodity. I am also not looking for a show dog. I just want a girl for my girl. One that will give her company, and friendship for years to come. I am not ready to buy, no matter how much I want to ease her pain. We need to add a puppy to our budget, and more importantly we need to find the right puppy.

Anyway, does anyone know of a good breeder in Arkansas or surrounding states. I do not mind some travel time if need be. Any help is appreciated. Sorry, I am rambling. It is late, and I should be in bed, but.....
slthoeny is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!