View Single Post
Old 07-15-2011, 08:17 PM   #18
AbbyMax
Donating Senior Yorkie Talker

I have a dog sitter that comes to the house daily for about 30 minutes. I got the information from my vet. I went to four vets in the area and asked who they recommended or referred. Each one had a different service they could provide me information on. I talked to a couple of people at work and they referred one service in particular that they all used with high reviews. They came over and did an in home consultation. They asked a lot of questions, met my babies, and had a large chart they filled out - it was about the size to two legal pages. They also collect the mail for me, take in/out the trash bins, turn the radio or tv on/off, etc.

It has been a lifesaver thus far. I got called out for an emergency and was gone almost 16 hours. I called the service first thing in the morning and they scheduled an extra visit first thing in the morning to check on my babies.

I think anyone would understand that is is much easier to have someone stop by your house over having to take them somewhere. The service I use is licensed and bonded. They have been in business for over 10 years. They do not advertise but instead rely on word of mouth and referrals.

One of my co-workers found a responsible college student who was looking to make some extra money. She has her come over everyday for an hour or so. Her dog is an older dog and just loves the company. Sometimes her girl stays longer and studies. It is quieter than the library and she has permission to grab a snack or soda.

Good luck
AbbyMax is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!