View Single Post
Old 01-04-2006, 01:04 PM   #11
Latuya
YT 3000 Club Member

Sounds to me like she just wanted to play. Gus does this too. When ever he hears or sees the kids running and playing outside, he runs door to door trying to get out so he can play too. We do alot of rough play here too and he always wants to get in the fun too. Just yesterday my husband came home while I was getting Gus out of the sink after a bath. He brought in my sons football that he left outside and started rough playing with my son the minute he walked in the door. No kiss hello, no saying hi to anyone,,, just play. Gus was so excited he was trying all he could to get out of my arms to play too. I had him wrapped in a towel trying to blowdry him and he was barking the whole time. I finally had to kick them outside to play but Gus still was going crazy.

Learning your yorkies different barks is just like learning your human baby cries. I don't have problems with Gus with older kids, but him and Cherish (my 3 year old niece) can really get on eachothers nerves. I was really scared he would hurt her but after all this time they both have learned what the can and can't get away with. When Cherish startes to bug he will growl at her. And will jump at her. He has never bit her but it does scare her. Just the other day Gus was sleeping on my lap and Cherish went to go pet him. I don't know how he knew but as soon as she put her hand on him, he started growling. He only does with her. You should see her get all hurt. She yells,,,,,, I'm just trying to pet you Gus!!!!! Although he's never bitten her I still keep a close eye on the both of them. He does like her and will go sit on her lap BUT she can't force him.

Like I said,,, It sounds like she wanted to play.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!