View Single Post
Old 07-15-2011, 10:38 AM   #1
Coda-man
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Default Vomitting/Diahhrea

My husband, dog and I are having a really bad week. Early in the week Coda had an accident in his cage at night (peed). He had a UTI recently so I thought maybe it had reoccurred. We took a urine sample to the vet and he said there were oxalate crystals and we would have to come in for a visit soon and get Coda tested.

Coda then started having loose stool on Wednesday night. We had been switching him to new food and suspect the old food was too rich for him (new food might be too). He was previuosly on lamb & rice and is now on Chicken & rice with crunchy bits. Anyways, I picked him up from the Doggy Day Care on Wednesday and brought him home intending not to go back (bad experience with owner, dogs being left alone, etc). On Wed. night/Thursday morning we were up a couple of times because he had accidents in his cage (stool). On Thursday we left him home in a confined area. My husband came home to find Coda had made several messes. I gave him some chicken and rice (homemade), yougart, and Pedialite. He ate chicken and rice, and a little yougart. He wouldn't touch the Pedialite.

He then went out about 3 times in the evening before bed and had liquid stool. That night he had messes twice and threw up everything he ate on Thursday. I felt defeated. I had been checking for dehydration and was getting concerned but waited till vet opened this morning.

I took him in and they finally saw him at noon (I still had to go to work so I couldn't stay ). They called and said the Vet had seen plant material and seeds in his stool. The only place I can think this came from was the doggy day care. He maybe ate something he shouldn't have. he never gets anything from us except doggy food. Everything I gave him got thrown up so I wouldn't expect to see it in his stool. So now I am really upset at the owner of the doggy day care and myself.

Coda is getting fluids at the vet and some medication to help reduce nausea. He is supposed to eat a bland diet. What I want to know is what do you think is wrong with Coda? Do you trust the vet's diagnoses? How long does it take to get over something like this for a Yorkie?

Thanks,
Concerned Mom
Coda-man is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!