View Single Post
Old 01-04-2006, 12:08 PM   #10
girltime
Senior Yorkie Talker

I chalk this up to all the excitement. I have two children one who is 7 and the other 14, when they start running through the house with there friends my two yorkies Daisy and Rocky start barking. The dogs want to join in on the fun and of course be the center of attention. At times my male has grawled and I'm really quick give a stearn "No Rocky"..Right away he will no he has done wrong and will go into a wimper. Really important to let them know you will not stand for the grawl.

If you think Lucky needs a little more socializing then a trip to the park once a week might do the trick. Lucky will get lots of love and attention and you of course are right there to correct Lucky if a grawl is sensed to come out.

From my experience Yorkies are great with children but it take some effort on the parent to condition and socialize the Yorkie for kids. Also when I'm at the park I try and not have children under 5 pickup Rocky or Daisy...Sometimes small children don't understand how fragil Yorkies are.

Best of luck
girltime is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!