View Single Post
Old 07-14-2011, 06:53 AM   #1
Tigger427
Yorkie Yakker

Default New here, Tigger, and a question!

Hi YT! This is my first post. First, I wanted to say THANK YOU! I have been reading and exploring this site for the past week and it has been awesome. So much great information and it has been very helpful for us.

Second, I wanted to introduce TIGGER! I just got him for my birthday and he is amazing! He is 11 weeks old and weighs 2.5 lbs. We have had him for 6 days.

*I'll try to attach a picture, but I tried that once already and my entire post was deleted.

Third, I do have one question... about his eating... or lack thereof. He does not seem to want to eat his hard food. We are feeding him 3 times a day, about 1/4 cup at a time, and he doesn't chow down or even seem to be interested in it. After a few days we started to add in the food we wanted to feed him, Nature's Balance, but he just ate around that... when he would eat. So, we are currently sticking with the food from the breeder... Iams... he seems to like that a little more.

He will eat 1 tsp. of NutraCal every morning and night; we are trying to get something in him. We also added Greek yogurt to his food. He loved it. However, he licked every nugget until the yogurt was gone... and the food was not. We don't really give him too many treats, and he is eating a little, but he never just eats like he is hungry! And yes, he does drink his water when he is thirsty.

Just didn't know if this was okay or if we should try something else. Again, THANK YOU! All of your posts have been wonderful. Sorry for the long post, just wanted to make sure I explained properly!
Attached Thumbnails
New here, Tigger, and a question!-266764_10100837554640705_12415492_65102507_4334370_o.gif  
Tigger427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!