View Single Post
Old 07-13-2011, 09:16 PM   #13
jennzy
YT 500 Club Member

When I first got coco, i fed her 3x a day because thats what the breeder told me. and I kept with her feeding schedule. once at 7am 12pm and 6pm.
I gave her breakfast and dinner and because I'm at work and i can't check up on her until 1pm or 2.30pm I purchased an automatic feeder.

Now lets fast forward. I noticed that coco is not eating her 1/2 cup serving split into 3 meals. I spoke to the vet and the vet was confused why i was feeding her 3x a day and told me to feed her two times. But then I decided to do the whole I'll leave it for the whole day and she can eat it whenever she is hungry.

It actually works out better for her. I noticed her eating 80% of her daily serving. Before it was only 30%. So i guess this all depends on how old your dog is. But if your dog is loosing weight= not eating much, leaving the food out might help!

Coco is now 7.5 months old. I started free feeding her at 7 months. her potty went from several times a day to 3 times a day once when i wake up, once when im at work in her play pen in her pee pad and once around 9pmish and she poops shortly after i get in from work.

Last edited by jennzy; 07-13-2011 at 09:19 PM.
jennzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!