View Single Post
Old 07-13-2011, 07:50 PM   #4
megansmomma
Donating YT 10K Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JENNYSIA View Post
HELP!
Moe is 18 months old, spayed since he was 8 months old, and is still on the following daily:
KAWU calcium phosperous tabs (1 whole)-in the hope to still be able
to bring his ears up
multivitamins + lysine(2ml) - as his daily source of immunization
Question # 1 : Should i stop KAWU already?

Yesterday, I bought a trial pack of ODORLESS tabs (that is said to contain fructo-oligosaccharides to eliminate saliva and body odor, eliminate bad breath, eliminate secretion odor, and boost a dog's immune system. I was told to give him 3 tabs daily (1 tab is 0.5g for 1 kg, and Moe is 3kg)
I havent really started giving on this yet, because I am in a dilemma. Moe isnt that stinky but his poop is and his breath smells bad at times (even with daily toothbrushing)
Question # 2 : Is is safe to include this in his daily diet ?

I am also planning to get him MAXICOAT (a blend of fermented yeast extract with sesame oil, rich is anti-oxidants to improve skin and hair, to enhance color and thicken coat, rich in B vitamins, minerals, and other essential nutrients that gives healthy hair, shiny coat, and increases mental and physical efficiency) - dosage is 3 tabs daily
Question # 3 : Is this ok?

Moe is taking ROYAL CANIN Adult Yorkshire Terrier at about 75% of the prescribed level because he gets picky. I give him about 25cc (1.5 floz) of milk daily.

My friend says I should already take out calcium because it will make his bones brittle.

Question # 4 : Is his diet ok? Which supplement should I take out ?

Thanks for helping me out.
Question #1
If he is 18 months old and his ears do not stand they are not going to no matter what supplements you give. My Bogey has a tippy ear and I think it's adorable. It gives him character and I'm sure your Moe is a character as well.

Question #2
I have no idea what all of these supplements are for but if you are feeding a good kibble they surely are not needed.

Question #3
His breath and poop probably smell bad because of the milk you are feeding him with is kibble. Moe is a not a ......Dogs are not capable of digesting milk and giving milk daily is a horrible idea. No wonder his poop stinks.

Question#4
I would take out all the supplements, use a good kibble, don't give him mild EVER and brush those teeth.

On a side not about the breath~when he was neutered did the vet make sure he didn't have any retained puppy teeth? If Moe had retained teeth this would cause his breath to smell from decay and food particle being lodged in the baby teeth.

Last edited by megansmomma; 07-13-2011 at 07:54 PM.
megansmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!