View Single Post
Old 01-04-2006, 11:07 AM   #66
luvmymonkies
Donating YT Addict

Warning...this will be long. Last night I finally got some sleep after being up for 2 nights in a row. Of course I stayed up with the baby to watch her and feed her. She just an active little thing already! I took her to the vet yesterday (a new one) to check her out. I was told she is very strong and she seems very healthy as far as can be seen at this point. The vet gave her a bottle to see how she ate and she was a champ! Then I get a scare for the rest of the day...she refused to eat after the vet trip. She ate every other time on time, so this was very abnormal. There was absolutely nothing I could do to get her to eat. I had already been on the phone all day to several breeders about finding a foster mommy for her with no luck. I met a lady at the vet who had a beautiful little Yorkie pup with her and I asked who her breeder was. She gave me her number and of course I called. She said she didn't have a mommy for me but she did have 30 years of experience hand raising and basically was kind of in expert. She said that if it got too overwhelming (since I've never done this) she would work something out with me. Needless to say, I called her when my little girl didn't eat even at 8:00. I was so scared. The vet told me to bring her in if she didn't eat by 8:00. I had a choice, the vet or a drive for 1.5 hours to someone who I felt was an expert with my breed and dealing with these things on a regular. We drove. I'm so glad we did. She ate like a champ when we got there. She opted to use a human baby bottle and I guess that's what the little thing wanted. I was impressed with the experience and patience of this woman. I left the pup in her hands until she gets a grasp on life and my stress level goes down. I still have not stopped crying at the drop of a hat. After we got home, I was so exausted that I fell on the stairs twice walking up to my place. I hopped into bed and didn't wake up until 10:30. I can't wait to call and find out how she did last night. I keep calling her Little Maddie. I think that's what I'll be calling her for good. I feel like I have to say my little girl's name. It makes me feel good.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!