View Single Post
Old 07-13-2011, 01:37 PM   #13
Bentleys Momma
YT 500 Club Member

I haven't been able to reach my son yet. His phone rolls straight to v.m. so he may be having to pull double duty today. Hopefully we will be able to return my call soon as I am feeling more and more wretched while waiting to let him know.

Y'all have been so wonderfully supportive already that I thought I would share the following note I received from my mother just a bit ago. If you could continue to pray for my parents as they are clearly both hurting terribly. My mother had been taking care of my grandmother before her recent passing (that was the loss we suffered when we got to Ohio in February). I know mom hadn't yet completely filled that void of not having the daily responsibility of grandmother's care and now she is going to have this whole in her life on top of that.

Thank you all again for your kind words and prayers. Here is mom's note:

Peg
sorry I missed your phone call last night. Bob did not know that I was having trouble going to sleep & I thought because of the time it was probably a wrong number. without my hearing aids, I could not hear Bob talking.

I am having a hard time with our decision for Pringles. I keep telling myself that she was in so much pain now, she could walk (very slowly) but not stand in one spot as her hind legs went down. she had times of nausea, I'm sure as she did not always eat. then the next day she inhaled her food. her muscles could not seem to keep her up to squat & poop at the same time...so she would sit in it. While Bob was at dr on monday she fell in kitchen, could not get up on tile and laid in her pee. she was constantly falling as she walked or stood in the kitchen. grass & carpet was just a little better. She had lost 13 pounds at last weigh in but I am sure she continued to lose as her skin got baggy and her coller had to be constantly taken in. She still had the same one she was wearing when she came to OH.

I think her yeast was coming back as her stomach was unable to handle her vension diet. Her eyes were watery & goopy lately too.

Bob is really having a hard time. He does not want to be wih people. We are going to Aunt Donna's this evening...Pringles was supposed to go to....for a picnic. I think Bob will be better talking to people. If he sheds a few tears, it will be OK as Donna, Rick, Jared & Megan have all had to put their little buddy's down.

She loved her walks (3+ a day) camping & running free in the fields or football stadium. she was such a good dog. she did not bark, chew things, she listened & was such a good companion. I could tell her all my secrets & she never told anyone.
Love & Kisses to everyone in TX
Mom

Last edited by Bentleys Momma; 07-13-2011 at 01:39 PM. Reason: formatting
Bentleys Momma is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!