View Single Post
Old 07-11-2011, 08:20 PM   #15
mama2yorkies
YT Addict

Welcome to YorkieTalk and to the wonderful world of a Yorkie puppy. It sounds like Henry is a completely normal Yorkie puppy and also like you are off to a great start with him. This reminds me of the days after we first brought our babies home. We were exhausted and completely overwhelmed. I wish I had found YorkieTalk much sooner.

I agree that a puppy class is an excellent idea. I would even say a must. It gives your pup a chance to socialize, which is extremely important at his age, and it also gives you a chance to ask questions and commiserate with other new puppy parents. That alone kept us sane at first.

I would also agree that an expen is a great idea. As others have said, it will give you someplace safe for Henry to be, other than the crate. It's good to set it up in your main living area so he is still with his family.

Also, search around here. There is so much great information available.

Remember to enjoy this special puppy time. It goes faster than you'd think. And remember, it does get so much easier. All of the hard work you put in when he is young is worth it.

All the best to you on this adventure.
mama2yorkies is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!