View Single Post
Old 07-11-2011, 04:04 PM   #1
HenrysMom
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Default Getting Used To My New Puppy

Okay so I am sure these are all common questions that most first time Yorkie owners have so please bear with me.... My husband and I have been very diligent to try our best to raise our little Henry right. He is 11 weeks old and we have had him for just over a week. We have been using the crate when he sleeps, while we are gone, and when we can't watch him 100%. But, when he is out of the crate, he just never stops moving!! I will sit on the floor with him, play fetch with his toys, and encourage him to chew on the toys instead of on our furniture, carpet, or anything else he can get his teeth on. If I am in the kitchen making dinner, he will hang out at my feet and watch me. The kitchen is the only room I can do that because any other room, he finds SOMETHING to chew on. He also does really well going for walks. But otherwise, he is bouncing off the wall! He only lays down if he is in his crate, he never lays down outside the crate. I am running out of things to play with him. I am not sure what to do. I don't want to keep putting him in his crate but after about 20-30 minutes, I don't have anything else to play with him and my patience is running thin. Is this normal that he is SO hyper and won't seem to lay down unless he is his crate? I haven't tried any bitter apple because I feel that I would have to put it ALL over my house. Please, I need so help! Thanks for anything you have to offer. :-)
HenrysMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!