View Single Post
Old 07-11-2011, 11:48 AM   #1
marcerella02
Loved by Layla
Donating Member

Sad Layla just threw up everywhere- any thoughts?

Like the rest of north america (so it seems) we have been having extreme heat and humidity here. I took Layla out for a walk this morning at 7 am and it was very warm- but the sun was not quite up yet so walking we went. She didn't want her Kong this morning- which usually happens if she hasn't had enough to eat the day before and her blood sugar is low (usually has a treat in it) but had it once we got back from our walk. We then spent about 1-2 hours running around and she was in her crate in the car which was never turned off. When we got home she ate her lunch and has been quite sleepy since the. I was doing her nails (giving her treats) when she suddenly threw up everywhere and all of her breakfast. She threw up 4 times. I gave her some yogurt to bring her blood sugar back up (which she was eager to eat up) and put her in her crate to sleep- where she is now.

Could this be a delayed reaction to the heat and perhaps was magnified because of the car ride? I just hate when she is sick and this is VERY rare for her so I am concerned
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!