Thread: Food in a Pouch
View Single Post
Old 07-10-2011, 06:07 PM   #7
Britster
Action Jackson ♥
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellie May View Post
..because I respect SD as a company to a certain extent and I am not familiar with this company. SD has veterinary nutritionists on staff. When possible, I think that is a great thing and is important to me. Also, unless it's an rx diet, I don't want to feed unnamed animal products. SD has a line of food where things are named. I wouldn't feed any SD food with unnamed animal products if I could avoid it... I like to know exactly what is in the food. I also like to know that there are people on staff who can do more than make sure a food meets AAFCO. They have additional knowledge that I like a manufacturer to have.

It's hard to explain, but I like to see all ingredients named in the foods I feed and treats I give. If I ever was going to give a food where everything wasn't named, it would be from a company that "I" trust at least somewhat. I don't think SD is perfect by any means, but I do respect what they do for sick animals with their rx foods and think they are much more qualified to create a dog food than most other companies.
I gotcha! Thanks for the explanation. I just did not know if there were any particularly alarming ingredients that I was missing or something that you knew about it, etc.

Like I said, this is not something I'd usually ever seek out to feed, or recommend to anyone. I also don't like the unnamed meat source, or the wheat gluten. It was just really nice while traveling to have something so easy. So I suppose this will just be our special "traveling" treat to make things easier on us in those situations

Thanks, Ellie May.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!