View Single Post
Old 07-10-2011, 09:38 AM   #1
Taryn0405
Owned by a Gremlin
Donating Member

Animal Smiley 049 Gizzy Gots a Girlfriend!!

So last night, my husband and I went to a graduation party for a good friend of the family's kid. I asked her if it was okay that I brought Gizmo along because I know they have a lab/JR mix and she loves playing and I thought that she and Giz would get along.

We get to the house and at first Gizmo was giving Belle kisses and they were "greeting" each other. But then they started to play and run and tackle. Gizmo was the submissive one, rolling around and being the little lover that he is. And I couldn't help but watching the two of them and think, "Wow, Giz loves other dogs, I wonder if I should get him a playmate."

I talked to my DH, and we agreed that financially right now, we are not ready to take on another one. Not that couldn't purchase another Yorkie, but that if there were any health issues, it may get sticky. So we're deciding to cut some monthly expenses and see maybe by the holidays if Gizmo will be getting another sibling.

But that's not my real question. I guess whatI'm worried about is being able to give attention to two furbabies. I spoil Gizzy rotten and I love him being with us everywhere we go, including the lack of vacations we go on.
So I guess I'm asking, is it easy to divide your attention to two fur babies?? Is it worth it? Do you think Giz, although loving the new family member, his personality will change because his Momma isn't always focused on him??

I know I have awhile to think about it, but still. I want some opinions.
Taryn0405 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!