View Single Post
Old 07-10-2011, 06:35 AM   #21
Lorraine
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MilliesMum View Post
hello all, just a quick update, we took Millie to the vets yesteray and she said she cant work out why shes having accidents and trying to hold her wee but gave her some antibiotics, anti-inflamatories and pain killers to see if that helps, she asked us to get a urine sample (from a yorkie?!?! easier said than done!)

and also said shes put on half a kilo in weight since her spay and said she needs to be put on a diet?!?!

im no professional but Millie is far from fat or heavy, infact shes tiny and extremely lean, she goes on super long walks and gets plenty of exercise everyday and hardly eats anything. the only real treats we give her are a tiny sunday roast dinner which is mostly vegetables!

i dont get it!

hopefully all these drugs will stop her accidents but im abit unsure about this weight issue, weve not been feeding her any more than we always have and she hasnt got a pot belly or anything :S

xxx
I would find another Vet IMHO. If you can, try to find one that breeders go to and/or is familiar with Yorkies. I have had more than one client that had trouble and seemed to not get good diagnosis from their Vet, called me I referred them to someone in their area who is knowledgable. More and more nowadays I find a high level of incompetency in Vets.
Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!