View Single Post
Old 07-08-2011, 06:17 PM   #1
Little mama
Senior Yorkie Talker

Default questions to ask dermatoligist

I have finally made an appt. for allie to see a dermatoligist. We have tried what I think just about everything, venison raw, lamb raw, no other foods , probiotics,fish oil, coconut oils, med shampoo/sprays, herbal/ homiopathic sprays/drops. After coming home one day to find her skin looking like a bad sunburn and a red raw area under her armpit, immediately hydrocortizone cream, cone around her head and vet appt. they gave her anantibiotic shot and tremol (sp) for 4 days then everyother day. Finally success! Or so I thought about 3 days after last dose of the tremol, starts scratching again, so I took her back to vet 2 days ago and he gave prednisone. Once a day for 3,then everyother day for 3,then every 3rd day until gone. I am reluctantly giving her the meds, I would much rather have a concrete reason for meds not masking the symptoms.
Anyway...sorry for the long story, she has an appt for tues with the only derm close to us 30 min away. Other than everything I have done, what other questions or ideas can or should I ask?
Thanks,
Janet
Little mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!