View Single Post
Old 07-08-2011, 02:07 PM   #1
aliciagee
YT Addict

Unlove Miley Stolen Yorkie

You may have heard my story on television Friday, May 20th or the follow up May 26th. My locked and alarmed Woodland Hills home was broken into. My new friend Tasha and I were stolen. We were my Dad Tom's constant companions. On May 19th, when we were stolen, he was at the doctor’s office. He hadn't been feeling well recently. His brother had died the previous week and my Mom and Dad had only been home since the funeral for 6 days. He had visited his brother the week before he died and then gone to Atlanta for the week of the funeral. He was tired and feeling sad. He has been battling stage 4-lung cancer for almost a year. Tasha and I sat on the couch and watched television with him. I was better at sitting on the couch because I am a trained therapy dog. I am older than Tasha and can sit still. I like to roll over and let Dad rub my tummy. We were a reason for Dad to get up off of the couch, making little things like puddles to be cleaned. That would be Tasha, she's still learning where to go potty. Then Tasha needs to be fed three times a day. She's a baby and Mom is worried she might have hypoglycemia because she sometimes shakes. Dad and I like to play games like fetch with all of my talking toys. Mom likes to buy me toys. Let's face it, we are part of the family. We're the babies.

I'm (Miley) 3.5 years old. I'm a Yorkshire Terrier with a long flowing blue coat. Mom washes me every Saturday. I'm not always happy about getting a bath. Everyone knows that Saturday is my bath day. I just qualified as a therapy dog. That made me very proud and happy. Now I can help a lot of sick people. I can hear Mom getting out my special carrying case and I know I'm going visiting. I love visiting with my fiends in assisted living and nursing care. They pet me and talk to me. I like the attention. But, I've been going to visit my Mom's father, Daddy-B (I don't know why they call him that) for two years. He got sick and had to live in a nursing care facility and then assisted living . So I know my way around. I have also been going with Mom to her first and second grade classrooms for the last two years. I have a lot of experience visiting. Mom and Dad purchased the baby, Tasha, to keep me company after my good friend Lady died. She was almost 20-years-old.

On May 4th I had to go visit Dr Kunin because my eyes were still swollen. My doctor thinks I have allergies. That's why my eyes are producing a lot of matter. I also have luxating patellas in both knees that will require surgery. I've had surgery before when I was spayed and some of extra teeth were removed.

The day we were stolen from our home some bad people broke in and it scared Tasha and me. We ran over to our favorite bed. It has a hood to hide under. That's why we like it. The bad people put the cover over us and took us away from our family. It was really scary.

I'm really happy that they took Tasha to the Burbank Pet Co.They put her in a taped cardboard box by the entrance. A note was taped to the inside of the box identifying her as the dog from the news. The note told the people who found her to call the Topanga Police Station. So they called the police and took Tasha to the Burbank Shelter for he night. The police called Mom and Dad. They were hoping and praying it was one of us. They couldn't sleep that night. Mom and my sister took the day off from work to go to the shelter. They picked Tasha up on Tuesday. They went to the PetCo to thank the people. Then Mom took Tasha to see Dr. Kunin. She wanted to make sure that Tasha was okay. He thought she was. Although they noticed Tasha had lost 10 ounces. Tasha only weighed 2 pounds 10 ounces. So Mom was concerned. I bet Mom and Dad thought Tasha looked funny because she had had her hair cut and looked decidedly different.

Tasha went back to see Dr Kunin the following Tuesday. She wasn't eating. Mom was worried. Mom always worries about her babies. That's Tasha and me.

I'm sure my Mom and Dad are looking for me too. I know they miss me. Daddy likes to pet my tummy. It makes him feel better. Mom says I'm her angel. I'm hoping to come home soon so I can help Dad feel better. That's my job. Mom and Dad are still offering the reward for me to come home. I hope I get to go home soon.

Please be on the look out for me. Tell the people who have me that I really need to go home. I might have a haircut and I'm not with my friend Tasha now. I can't get home without everyone's help. The people who have me need to understand that I have a job to do. I need to help my Dad fight his cancer.

Someone forwarded this to my facebook and i of course had to pass it along!!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!