Thread: chicken wings?
View Single Post
Old 07-08-2011, 01:02 PM   #8
tem_sat
Senior Yorkie Talker

I would start with defrosted chicken wings and take it from there. Expect your Yorkie to look at you like you're crazy...he or she will then start licking the chicken wing to death! Just take it easy and relax and let your dog figure out what to do with the wing. Avoid hovering but keep an eye out.

Processed foods, such as kibble, take much longer to digest than raw. After researching to answer your question regarding comparative digestion time, raw stays in the stomach 4-5 hours and kibble takes approximately 15 hours to be broken down and move out of the stomach.

I don't necessarily agree with the above statement, as I feel that is geared toward boneless and not bone-in. I would estimate approximately 6 to 8 hours for bone-in, although I could be mistaken.

For example, this morning I fed my Doxie 100 grams of pork riblets and about 10 grams of pork heart. He will poo once every 24 hours. So for him, normal is once every morning about the size of rabbit poo...

I have taught him to eat his bone-in meals on a hand towel in the kitchen. He eats his boneless in a bowl. You may wish to start out the same way. Clean up is super easy. You can choose to reuse that hand towel every few days and then toss it in the washing machine.

Good luck!

-- Tara

Last edited by tem_sat; 07-08-2011 at 01:03 PM.
tem_sat is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!