View Single Post
Old 01-04-2006, 04:22 AM   #2
Deber
Yorkie Yakker

Hi from Texas too! I am no expert but I took my babies to Petsmart within a week after bringing them home. They had their first shots and I was concerned about them being around other dogs. Called the groomer and she suggested I bring them in at 5:45, just after most of the dogs were gone. Dogs went straight in and I picked them up soon afterwards..no waiting in a cage for "their turn". They cleaned ears and around the bottom area, trimmed nails, tidied up their feet. I still take them monthly to do the stuff I can't seem to master but do the rest of the grooming and bath things inbetween. I bathed my little Biewer the minute I got him home at 12 wks. old. He smelled like Jet fuel (he came from Germany). Just made sure he didn't get chilled and he did fine.
Grooming, I like to do each morning before I get ready for work. I started it as soon as I got them home. At first they wouldn't stand still at all, but each week they stood longer until now I can ALMOST get through before they get tired of it and want down. I think the routine is what makes them relax and it gives me a chance to put up topknots so they can see (I am still learning how to do the topknot thing!). Its relaxing for us all.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!