View Single Post
Old 01-03-2006, 10:11 PM   #13
Pattie
Donating YT 500 Club Member

Default same thing with Chloe

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnCloudNine82
My baby Libby will be a year old on December 21st. Shortly after I got her in February, she would cough (we call it snorting) when she gets excited. At first the vet said it was kennel cough although she had just had her shots. He put her on medicine to cure the kennel cough to see if that was what it was. Well it wasn't because she still does it. She hadn't been back to the vet in the past few months. Originally we were going to breed her, but she only weighs. 3.04 lbs, so we are definitly NOT going to now. Anyway, she just got out of her first heat a couple days ago, so I am going to get her an appt to get her spayed. I came across www.collapsingtrachea.com the other day by accident just looking at yorkie stuff. I read the first paragraph on the info tab and immediately knew this is what she could have. So i printed it out and when I went by the vet's office yesterday to get her refills on interceptor and frontline, i asked if I could speak with him. As soon as he came out and saw I had a paper from the internet he knew what I was going to ask about. He said that when we brought her in again that if we mentioned that she still does it that he was going to sit us down and talk about it. He explained it to me and told me that it would be wise to go ahead and get her xrayed soon. I'm pretty sure she has to have it though. I read all of the posts above me and it says not to use collars...I feel horrible because I have used one with her very often, and when we rake leaves and stuff I do hook her to the thing in the ground. Any other advise or stories for both Debbie (i think was the person that posted the first one) and me would be great.

Stephanie

My vet also put Chloe on anti-biotics saying it was kennel cough but it never went away. I also belive mine has a slight case, she coughs most after "trying" to bark, drinking or streatching her neck sleeping across my arm. I bought a harness today (even tho she didn't agree with me taking her collar off!
Pattie is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!