View Single Post
Old 01-03-2006, 10:05 PM   #30
yorkiemom1970
No Longer a Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shyorkies
I had mentioned earlier in one of my post that I imported these two girls because I LOVE the line and my Flirt is from the same line.. There are several different types of yorkies and we are NOT all going to agree that we like the same type! That is what makes showing and breeding interesting is the different types of yorkshire terrier there are in this world.. I also can honestly say that I have been ripped off more by certain show breeders here in the US.. I feel that we all have a right to our different opinions as far as what we like and do not like about the breed.. You may not like the type and quality of the yorkies I own and show, but I also may not like the type and quality of the yorkies you own and show.. JMO..

Melanie
I just read this and had to elaborate. I agree with you 100% ! I also imported to get a "type" and a "look" that I fell in love with. Although she is not with me anymore and is waiting for me at the Rainbow bridge, I do have 4 of her children that I plan to carry on her type in my lines. I had hoped to produce my own show-potential from her, I did get a nice one her first breeding, but didn't grow big enough to show in my opinion. I've got 3 babys now from her and am just basically keeping my fingers crossed. (one is rather small ) but 2 are keeping my hopes up. If they do not turn out to be what I'm hoping for, I WILL import again and keep trying. I have NOTHING against the show breeders in the US, but I do have my own likes/dislikes. Not that I am saying that anyone's yorkies are not beautiful, I have a few of what I refer to as the "english type" yorkie, but I have aquired my own taste for something else. I have never shown in a pointed akc show. I have attended classes and have "experimented" at an akc fun match. Someday, you may see me out there...but for now, I'm still working on establishing my program to get what I want. The rest will all fall into place in the future if it's what God wants me to do. As far as docking the tails, I wish it wasn't done. My dog that was imported was docked, but the tail was left much longer than most of the breeders in the US do their tail lengths. I liked it much better and have since started leaving my pups tails a bit longer than I normally would, yet still being docked. 3 different people in the past have told me (in a very nice way) they did not care for my "type" of yorkie. Maybe I don't care for their's either, but I'd never tell them that. My reason is because we all like what we like and that's what makes us individuals. I do not have to like what you have and you do not have to like what I have, but I respect anyone who has a passion for dogs no matter what. Thanks for letting me vent; it felt good
yorkiemom1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!