View Single Post
Old 07-07-2011, 09:01 AM   #1
tgreen88
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Default Another yorkie with LP :(

Hi so I'm new here, but I have been using this site to find information on various topics from other yorkie owners.

I have read the past threads on LP and I just wanted to share my story and ask for some much needed/updated advice.

My little pup, who is 11mos now has LP in both her knees at grade 3. I have seen 3 orthopedic surgeons who all stated she would need surgery. Also the LP has caused her to become bowlegged. She is my first pup and I got her last november when she was alittle over 12 weeks. I noticed then that she would use only 3 legs, but from my inexperience I thought she was doing that because she was so little or cause she was excited.

Well last month when she had a tummy bug her new vet I began taking her too stated she believed she had LP just from a physical examinaton. From there I took her to get xrays from the first orthopedic vet which confirmed the previous vets diagnosis. Since then I have seen 2 more vets which all state she does require surgery.

More often now she has started to limp and cry alittle. It breaks my heart because she is so active and rambunctious. She also has a french bulldog boyfriend (they have been together since she was 5 months ahah) and they love to play but now her knees are bothering her so she cant play like she wants too. (He's 15lbs and she is 4lbs but he is super gentle)

The surgery is going to cost about $4000, and I sadly can't afford that. I'm a recent graduate from CSUN and I'm still looking for a job day in and day out! I do however have care credit but I want to use that as a last resort.

Also I kept in touch with the breeder, but I come to find out that they consider themselves a backyard breeder and dont know what LP is! Also they stated that they wouldn't cover it. The vet however said her LP wa congenital. But because I only have a verbal contract for health and purchase I dont know if its enough to win in small claims court.

I guess the worst that can happen is that i lose my 50$ filing fee. Also they are unlicensed and since last august when yaffa was born they recently had another litter. So although it isnt a calander year. They had 2 litters since august of 2010 so i'm not sure if that necessary covers the lemon law.

Does anyone have any experience with small claims on backyard breeders. My business law friends at school said that you don't necessarily have to have a written contract, but it is just harder to defend when you dont.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
tgreen88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!