View Single Post
Old 07-05-2011, 05:53 PM   #12
jrsygal37
Donating YT 2000 Club Member

Default Facebook boycott

Quote:
Originally Posted by julietravels View Post
Michael Vick was named Subway Sportsman of the Year at the BET Awards. Nike signed Michael Vick to an endorsement deal. I am outraged and have signed Petitions and emailed both companies stating that I am boycotting both of them until they disassociate themselves completely with this felon who tortured and murdered defenseless dogs.

Had he done the same thing with children, he would still be in prison, would never again play in the NFL and no company would be paying him a dime or giving him an award. At least children could tell someone. Dogs don't have a voice. Please help me be their voice and boycott these companies and let them know how you feel.
Facebook has a boycott Michael Vick Endorsers. Here is the link.

Welcome to Facebook - Log In, Sign Up or Learn More

There is also a Boycott Subway for supporting Michael Vick. Here is the link to that one. By the way this particular one has over 8,000 likes.

Today, was the day to call Nike and tell them No to Michael Vick. I hope you will all join these causes on Facebook. I've been active with this for awhile now. Please feel free to PM me for more info on anything. I would also like to say that with the bad publicity Sub has gotten, Subway has said that they played no part in Vick's award and would never be invovled with it again. Do I believe them? No. I think it was them just laying low. However, a list of other businesses have since pulled away from endorsing it, and Vick's program. I hope we can put a dent in Nike as well.

I'm all for second chances, however I don't think they should include being rewarded with big contracts and being hailed a hero because someone can throw a football. A second chance to me is taking the time to redeem yourself not being thrown multi million dollar contracts

I personally, would have liked to have seen Nike take a true hero and American Soldier that did something above and beyond and make them a Nike spokesman.

Lastly, in closing just wondering if Michael would like to be electricuted, drowned, beaten, or hung for poor performance.

I was contacted by Michael Vick a couple of weeks ago, Via his official FB page, whether it was him or someone speaking for him I don't know, but they wrote it as if it came direct from him. Below is his note;

"Elaine, you have no clue what really happened. I never electricuted nor drown a dog. I have paid my debt, I served jail time. Everybody makes mistakes, whether they be big or small. I have donated money towards the rescue of dogs. Have... you ever taken the time to think that some donations are kept quite? Most celebrities donations are not made public. You can think I am a piece of s**t or whatever you want, but the fact of the matter is, I may have hurt more dogs than you have, but I have also saved a hell of a lot more than you ever will in your lifetime."

If you want to contact Nike, here is the corporate # to call, when you call it they may try to give you an 800 number tell them you'd rather direct your call right there to their corporate headquarters. If you do call the 800 # get the ID of the person you spoke to. Nike also offers 100 percent satisfaction on all their products on July 17th it is national return day. Everyone involved is returning their products to Nike for a refund and tell ing them why. Here is the corporate # Actually here is the link to call Nike and tell them no.
jrsygal37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!