View Single Post
Old 07-05-2011, 09:21 AM   #1
annah1043
Yorkie Yakker

Cup Greek Yogurt- Gaining weight?

I just took my babe to the vet, and he said she was kind of "chunky" and maybe I needed to watch her weight- SHE IS 3 POUNDS! Seriously. Who says a 3lb dog needs to lose weight. Just kidding, I understand she can't be too big because her little bones will never be able to support a 5 lb body. I can even feel her middle a little thicker, but I was HAPPY. I've had to worry about her blood sugar getting too low from not eating enough (she passed out once and we had to rush her to the vet at 11pm one night). She's two years old, has had the same appetite her whole life and has been on California Natural for at least 6 months (was on Solid Gold before that- protein was too high so we switched to CN). She's been on fish oil since she was a baby, so I know it's more fattening than plant oil, but I don't see how that just now would make her gain weight. The only thing that's changed is I feed her greek yogurt now instead of regular plain yogurt. Could that cause this? The vet didn't act like it was a huge deal- he just kind of laughed and said she definitely shouldn't gain any more weight. Help!! I don't walk her a lot (once a week maybe) but it's 100 degrees outside so I worry about her. I throw the ball inside a lot, but she's never been the type that needed a ton of exercise. Plus I don't like to run her a lot because her knees aren't bad, but not the best so it's a precautionary..Anyone else noticed this with their yorkie's diet?
annah1043 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!