View Single Post
Old 07-04-2011, 04:31 PM   #1
Wylie's Mom
Furbutts = LOVE
Donating Member

Angry Yorkie in car today - 103 degrees and humid

This get me so furious...so I have to vent.

We ran to Walmart today, and I heard a dog bark in a car (it's weird, but I can hear dogs in cars when no one else can...my hubby didn't hear it at all) - and I located the car. It was 103 degrees here today - and very humid. I called 911 (which you can do here) and got the license plate, gave it to the operator. As I was standing by the car - the yorkie's people came out - there were FIVE of them. They started loading their crap into the back of their hatch. WHY ON EARTH didn't 1 out of those 5 people STAY in the car, AC on, w/ the doggie?

I said "do you know your dog can die in 5 minutes when left in this heat in the car?" - the young woman turned to me and said "It's none of your business!" -- and I said "Well, I have your license plate and called 911" - and I walked away.

All 5 of them could not have cared less. I went into the store and we got our stuff...went to our car. As we were pulling out, we saw a cop car sitting in the parking lot - so we drove up to him and asked if he was there about the dog. He said yes, and that he'd gotten there in time to locate the people. He said he laid into them and is filing a report. He asked them why 1 of them didn't just stay w/ the dog - and they really didn't know . If they do it again, they'll get a citation. He said they told him they had the window down, which is BS - it was cracked 2 inches and the dog was panting like crazy and barking.

My heart was racing for about 2 hours after that, bc I was so worked up that they even had a doggie. People like that should be locked a car, in the sweltering heat, for one damn minute and see how it feels. The dog was in there for at least 15 minutes, according to another lady.

Oh, also - another lady in the parking lot said she told the Walmart people about the dog, and asked them about calling the cops - and they said they couldn't do that. When I went back in, I went to security and asked them why they didn't call - and they said they weren't allowed to - and I said - "yes you can, 911 will come if you call" - and they said "you can call, but we can't". UNBELIEVABLE. So, if they saw a child in the car (or dog) dying, they'd just watch it???

I just spoke to the store manager (on the phone) about the incident - and she was shocked. She wrote it down and is going to say something. I asked what the policy was - and she said it was her understanding that they can absolutely call.

Make sure you know your state/city's law about dogs in cars - we just had a thread about it, which is odd: http://www.yorkietalk.com/forums/gen...-hot-cars.html

°¨¨¨°ºOº°¨¨¨° Ann | Pfeiffer | Marcel Verdel Purcell | Wylie | Artie °¨¨¨°ºOº°¨¨¨°
Wylie's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!