Thread: Food in a Pouch
View Single Post
Old 07-04-2011, 12:11 PM   #1
Britster
Action Jackson ♥
Donating Member

Default Food in a Pouch

Anyone know of any healthier dog food that has food in a "pouch" available?

I use Mixables (made by Variety Pet Foods) for traveling with Jackson. We were away this weekend and the Mixable pouches are so easy (and only, like, .57 cents each) to pour on his dry food, shake the bowl around a bit, and then it mixes sooo easily, quickly, throw the pouch away, no fridge necessary (no fridge in our hotel room for regular canned food).

I feel like this would be easier to use everyday. With cans (even the smaller ones) I always end up throwing half of it away because he barely uses it with just one dog, and I only mix about a tablespoon to his dry food meals.

The little pouches would be perfect, I could use half of it in the AM, and half in the PM, and he LOVES the flavoring and they mix sooo easy and I'd probably end up SAVING money and I wouldn't feel so bad throwing a bunch of food out.

Anyways, here are the ingredients in the Mixables, I know there are a few questionable ingredients (i.e. 'meat' is not named, wheat gluten, etc), but do you think it's *THAT* bad? I don't know. It's not something I'd personally look at to feed every day but I wish there was something offered like this with healthier food.

'Greek Banquet'
Ingredients: Meat Broth, Lamb, Chicken, Pork Liver, Brown Rice, Wheat Gluten, Carrots, Animal Plasma, Green Beans, Guar Gum, Sodium Phosphate, Potassium Chloride, Natural Flavor, Caramel, Salt, Tricalcium Phosphate, Calcium Carbonate, Minerals (Iron Amino Acid Chelate, Zinc Amino Acid Chelate, Cobalt Amino Acid Chelate, Copper Amino Acid Chelate, Manganese Amino Acid Chelate, Sodium Selenite, Potassium Iodide), Sodium Carbonate, Vitamins (Vitamin E, A, B12, D3 Supplements, Thiamine Mononitrate, Biotin, Riboflavin Supplement), Olive Oil, Rosemary.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!