View Single Post
Old 07-03-2011, 03:35 PM   #1
marcerella02
Loved by Layla
Donating Member

Default the dreaded "bump"

I noticed in December that Layla had a very small bump on her back- about 2 inches from her tail on her back. We were in Florida at the time so I thought it was a bug bite. It didn't go away and has gotten quite a bit bigger. We took her to the vet and she said to watch it- she called it something- something about a pocket of fluid that will not go away- may or may not get bigger. I'd say it is about the size of a pea now (which, when you are 7 lbs is quite significant- I keep thinking all of my friends with huge dogs must thing I'm going crazy over such a small bump). The vet said it might stay the same size or it might grow- I think it has gotten bigger. She says it will need to be removed before it gets to big that a local anesthetic won't work and she will have to be put out. Has anyone else had experience with this type of bump and the surgery required to remove it? I think I am going to call back this week and have the vet look at it again (too bad it costs $60 just to walk in there!)
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!