Thread: Adopting?
View Single Post
Old 06-30-2011, 12:15 PM   #14
addevo
Donating Senior Yorkie Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by dustinleephil View Post
My Biggest concern was her age. But I guess you're all right, puppies will find homes, but this little girl may not and I dont want her to spend the rest of her life in the rescue. I think for sure that I'll adopt her from the rescue. When I went with my friend to get his, she just kept looking at me and barking, it was so sad, I just wanted to take her home then. Her eye was just clouded, I wasn't sure if that meant she was blind or what. Here is her link on petfinder. HARLEY Thank you all for your feedback and advice. =]
She is BEAUTIFUL! And I love the typical yorkie head tilt - you can see that she's very responsive to the person taking her picture. As for the cloudy eye, it might just be age related. I found this on a web site, but of course only a vet can give you an accurate assessment:

Nuclear sclerosis is a normal change that occurs in the lenses of older dogs. Nuclear sclerosis appears as a slight graying of the lens. It usually occurs in both eyes at the same time and occurs in most dogs over six years of age. The loss of transparency occurs because of compression of the linear fibers in the lens. The condition does not significantly affect the vision of the dog and treatment is not recommended.
addevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!