View Single Post
Old 06-29-2011, 11:52 PM   #1
KizzieKins
Senior Yorkie Talker

Default Snarling and Biting if you touch around her neck

My Kizzie had ear mites I started noticing she was scratching a lot and couldn't find fleas so I took her to the vet, turns out she had ear mites. She let them do the exam and though she yelped when they took a swab, she still stood still when they did the other ear.

Once they discovered the mites they did an ear cleaning, which I wasn't present for, but I hear her cry (just a few times not a whole lot). It's been a week now and I have to put ear drops in her ears every day.. Starting 2 days ago she snarls and bites at me or anyone pretty viciously if we touch her neck. Vet checked her today and said medically she is fine, no reason for her to be doing this.

I think it is a fear response due to the ear cleaning and drops..

When she snarls and bites at me I don't jump away or react, I gently continue touching her and handling her while keeping her from biting me, it's not difficult as she's tiny. When she stops snarling I praise her and always give her kisses and love afterwards.

Anyone have any advice on what I should be doing so she doesn't develop a habit of doing this?
KizzieKins is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!