View Single Post
Old 06-29-2011, 01:44 AM   #5
kjc
I♥PeekTinkySaph&Finny
Donating Member

I did find white flakes when one of mine got mites. It usually is worse around the very outer edges or the ear flaps. Just to mention here, I've noticed over the years that any parasites seem to go after my weaker dog, whether it be fleas, ticks or mites, I always find them on her first... and usually worse (or even only) on her.

That said, do you use a conditioner on him? I use anything containing Coconut oil, and leave it on for 2-5 minutes. I've also started using a bit of Coconut oil mixed with warm water as a final rinse, as CO is soothing to the skin.

That said, if he's having food allergies, Chicken is the #1 allergen in Yorkies. Also consider if it's allergies, some pups are allergic to Oatmeal in shampoos and conditioners, which is touted to be skin soothing. Food allergies usually start with facial itching, then the front feet, then the entire body.

A Vet Dermatologist will most likely be able to get to the source of his itching quicker than a regular vet. (Seen this happen here frequently). Wishing you the best of luck for a quick diagnosis and resolution.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!