View Single Post
Old 06-28-2011, 03:58 PM   #9
enchilila
Donating YT 5000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa and Pic View Post
No medical advice, just sending sympathy. I never realized how awful a sinus infection could be until I had one a few years ago. Absolutely miserable. Hang in there and hope you are able to get the correct medical treatment.
Awww, thanks. I do need a little sympathy right now. The dh is tired of hearing me moan, I'm sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
This is the regimine for allergy/sinus sufferers: Mucinex (I use the 1200 mg); Sudafed; Allergra or Zyrtek or Claritin; and a simple saltwater nose spray. Oh, and the painkiller if you need it. LOTS of fluids like water or juice.

My BP sometimes runs on the high side too - but if I couldn't take Sudafed on my really bad sinus days . . . I would go crazy with sinus pressure/pain.

However, if you can't take it - you can't. I'd try all the other to try and thin out the mucus. The Zpak should be kicking in soon!

Hope you feel better.
Everyone tells me the regular Mucinex is for chest congestion, and that the Mucinex D (same ingredient as Sudafed) is for the head. So, I chose the Sudafed because the two pharmacists told me that is what they use and have had good success with it.

I have Allegra and Claritin in the medicine cabinet. I hardly ever suffer from allergies so I didn't even think about them. I think my "caregiving" experience from taking care of my mother has kicked in. I'm thinking ALOT and what I can do for myself. I have to because I don't have anyone else to think for ME! That's where y'all come in!!!

I'm hoping by Thursday I'll be feeling better. The Zpack needs to kick in and PRONTO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyGirl Rosie View Post
I grew up with sinus problems and ear infections. One thing you can do to help the ear pain is using a heating pad. My mom always put my head on one and it really did help. She also used warmed sweet oil drops in my ear. Drop them in and then put a cotton ball to keep air and stuff out of the ear. I feel for you. Earaches suck!
You know, now that you say that, when I was little, my mother used to heat up cornmeal in a sock (does that tell you my age?) and put it on my ear. I still remember the smell and how good it felt. I looked in my cabinet this afternoon for some. Didn't have any!! I'm thinking about opening up a cornbread package to see if it would work.

AGAIN, THANKS GUYS! YOU ALL HAVE HELPED SO MUCH!

"Betty Boop"
The light of my life & the joy of my living!
enchilila is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!