View Single Post
Old 06-28-2011, 02:23 PM   #1
enchilila
Donating YT 5000 Club Member

Default SEVERE Earache - Sinus Infection HELP!!!!

HELP!!!! HELP!!!! HELP!!!!

I got a sinus infection towards the end of our vacation last week....actually the day we left to return home. I couldn't get into my doctor on Friday when I returned home because he was already doubled-booked. The doc's nurse said that the doc said it sounded viral, and to use Mucinex, Tylenol for pain, and drink plenty of fluids. I knew this was not going to work. He's done this to me twice before (won't let him do it again for sure). I immediately started some left-over Amoxicillin, but to no avail. I also couldn't get into the Saturday clinic at the main location, because they COULDN'T VERIFY MY INSURANCE!!!!! BC/BS offices are closed on weekends!! I have been going to Scott & White Clinic for 21 FREAKIN' YEARS!!! Now, they said I could private pay if I would like. Had I known that I was going to be near death before today, I would have given my life savings to have prevented this! Yesterday, I got in to see him, and he prescribed Z-pack antibiotic. I'm living on Tylenol for sinus and ear pain! The congestion is so bad that I can't even get my netti-pot to work!!

This afternoon the doctor called in an ear treatment called Antipyrine & Benzocaine Otic Solution. It hasn't even helped. So, I took more Tylenol.

I hear Sudafed could help, but my blood pressure is high because of the unbearable pain. It normally does not run high. I'm afraid the Sudafed will escalate it and I also drank 2 Dr. Peppers today which don't normally do. Guess I was feeling sorry for myself and had one heck of a pity party.

Sorry for the long story. I'm just in such misery that I need some advice from others that may have gone through this. HELP!!!!!

"Betty Boop"
The light of my life & the joy of my living!

Last edited by enchilila; 06-28-2011 at 02:24 PM.
enchilila is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!