View Single Post
Old 06-28-2011, 12:28 PM   #3
Jennxling
YT 1000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReesiesDad View Post
Raises hand (I do, I do)

Reesie growls, barks, and downright squeals when she sees ANYTHING that has four legs. Sunday she chased a neighbor's Shih-Tsu down the road and it yelped in fear all the way home, about a quarter mile! Darn little Reesie is fast! I couldn't keep up.

I've been thinking that she was taken away from other little ones way too soon and now has trouble adjusting. She doesn't get a chance to play with any other dogs, and her and our Border Collie are just shadows of each other. Not really play friends, but if you see one you'll see the other close by.
Not many people let their dogs play with others, probably because of fleas and stuff, so what can be done? I think she's having the same behavior problems that you're seeing.
Oh yeah, Carmel would go up to other dogs too!! He doesn't hurt them, he just growls and pulls to get close to the other dog, then he just smells them. Yesterday was the only time where he snapped at the other dog (it was a puppy). At petsmart yesterday, he kept growling (he was leashed) when there's another dog! Boy, it was embarrassing!! I have no idea what it's stemming from, but I suspect that it's over-excitement of the presence of another dog. *sigh*
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!