View Single Post
Old 06-28-2011, 05:46 AM   #1
CathyHug
Yorkie Talker

Default Rough play with other dogs

Hi...I am new here and have a 5 month old Morkie named Lucy.

I am having a problem with the way she interacts with other dogs. I have taken her everywhere with me since I've gotten her, so she is well socialized.

I take care of my aging father who has a Pekingese named Liz. I go to my dads everyday and take Lucy with me. The problem is, Lucy will not stop jumping, nipping or chasing Liz for hours upon end! It is constant from the time I open the door until I leave. Lucy NEVER stops or takes a break. Poor Liz gets so tired she even tries to get up on the kitchen table to get away.

You would think Lucy would get tired, but she doesn't. My dad says he can't believe she is still doing this and that she should have calmed down a LITTLE by 5 months. When we are home, Lucy is a totally different dog. It's only when she sees Liz that she turns into a crazy dog. It's getting to the point where I don't even want to take her with me anymore. I hate to do that though, because I have to spend so much time with my dad.

Shouldn't she be calming down some by now? Why does she still do this? Any ideas or suggestions are appreciated!!
CathyHug is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!