View Single Post
Old 06-27-2011, 08:15 PM   #10
shodanusmc
BANNED!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjc View Post
And when do you get trained?

Ha that didn't come out right. I was under the belief that it's best for the owner to train the dog... how does this system work? Sounds intense if they work with them day in and day out for 3 weeks.... so they come back to you fully trained?

I have trained many dogs over many years, but after I sent Carlo to this school, I was sold and said any more dogs I have will go there. All done with positive reinforcement and praise. No shock collar, no prongs, no yelling, no treats for doing the task. A correction, do it again, praise. Start out slow, and add and reinforce each day. After the Boys are trained, Marge and I will go XX number of times with them, and we will work as a team. I did it with Carlo, who was trained to eventual off leash, and then when he was 3 and mature, protection training. That is one of them ain reasons carlo is a gentle Giant that I would trust around young and old, big and small.

As one person said, to each their own. I know where they go is the best, and could do a better job than I could, especially with Marge traveling and lifes other little responsibilities.

The Pups do not work for 8 hours, THere sessions are short, and fun, break, rest, repeat.
shodanusmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!