View Single Post
Old 01-03-2006, 12:01 PM   #4
bosslady
Senior Yorkie Talker

I have a Westie who is 9 months and a Yorkie who is 6 months. I also have 8 grandchildren who range in age from 4 to 20 years of age. My dogs love all my grandkids. I always make sure my little ones know they must be good to the animals. Although, that has never been a problem as they love the dogs. Jasmine, our Yorkie, absolutely loves all the kids. She adores the 13 year old and the two 7 year old and the 4 year old. When they spend the night she even wants to sleep with them and desert mommy and daddy's bed.
Small children must be taught to always be good to the animals. We have always had pets and our children were taught this from day one. The animals were also taught that they could not bite or hurt the children in anyway.
I used to babysit my brothers twin girls when they were small and our little Lhaso was a puppy. No matter how closely I watched the girls I would catch them being mean to the puppy. Consequently, he was the only dog we ever had who did not like young children.

Sometimes dogs who are raised with older owners who rarely have young children around will not like to be around children.

We had a beautiful Himalayan Persian cat a few years ago who did not like my grandchildren. We got her as a kitten and the kids were never mean to her but she got so she would try to bite them if they even came close to her. I found her a good home with some people I knew who had no children or grandchildren and they absolutely adored the cat. They gave her a really good home. Even though I liked her, My grandchildren had to come first. I could not do anything about her biting.
bosslady is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!