View Single Post
Old 06-27-2011, 10:46 AM   #1
Baby Teddy
YT 500 Club Member

Default What would you do?

I am so torn and not sure what to do...and not sure if it is my place. I live in New York city and every day I walk home from work I see a woman and her two dogs (I believe they are papillons) sitting down in the same spot of 5th avenue with a sign. Her sign says something along the lines of "need money boyfriend left me 3,000 miles away from home and 6 mos pregnant". It seriously is heartbreaking. She has a small bag with her and always has water dishes out for her dogs. I have no idea what her story is or if she is homeless and if so it is 1) not fair to her unborn child and 2) not fair to her pups to be sitting on a street corner in the middle of summer. I am so tempted to call animal control but I am suprised that no one has done it already. I feel terrible because her doggies are the only thing she must have but at the same time it doesn't seem like she can care for herself, nevermind them. The other thing that is concerning me is that she is sitting on 5th avenue in midtown (in between some very nice shops) - which leads me to believe this could be a scam to get money. What do you think I should do? Should I call animal control? The police? Or should I just try and help her and bring her & her doggies food & water? What would you do?
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!