View Single Post
Old 06-27-2011, 01:01 AM   #1
Bellas_mama
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Animal Smiley 019 New puppy pees/poops in crate. Is this a common puppy mill issue?

Hello everyone. I am brand new to this forum. We recently purchased a puppy from what I would call a 'puppy mill'. Or a puppy making factory. Anyway, the puppy was taken from his mom at 8 weeks and put in a wire crate with her sister, then seperated to be alone at age 10 weeks. We purchased her at 12 weeks. Bella (her name) pooped, peed, ate and slept all in the same little area for 4 weeks which I believe has now made it impossible to crate train her. She goes in her crate, she poops and pees almost immediately.

I have her in a play pen and take her out on schedule, but there is no reason or motivation for her to 'hold it' when she can just go on the other side of the pen. If I take her out every 45 minutes - one hour, she goes outside, but if I try and wait, she goes in her pen.

She sleeps with me and holds it for 7-8 hours while sleeping, so it is possible. However, she will go in her pen, on the floor, or in her crate almost every hour if I don't take her outside.

Does anyone have any advice for me? How can I train her to hold it if she has no issues peeing/pooping in her crate/sleep area?

Thank you,

Bellas_mama
Bellas_mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!