Thread: Am I wrong?
View Single Post
Old 06-26-2011, 09:05 PM   #81
gracielove
YT 3000 Club Member

I just read this thread. I would be so furious if this happened to any of my pets. I have heard of humans feeling their surgery while they were under. They said they could not move or speak but they felt every bit of what was done to them.
What I don't understand is why is your dog in such a horrible physical state because of this? It sounds like a butcher job they did on her. It's one thing to be able to feel the surgery but that does not explain the horrible surgery quality that was done. It sounds like this small town vet does not have a valid assistant to help her with her surgeries. If she is trying to do surgery and attend to the anesthesia and instruments all alone she is risking the lives of her patients.
It is true that to relieve pain you must maintain a constant level of the drug in your blood stream for it to be effective. You do this by giving the med at exactly every 6 or 8 or whatever hours it says to give it. Otherwise the level goes down and pain goes up and then it takes more med and longer to lessen the pain again. Although your baby may seem foggy for a few days at least she will not be in such awful pain and that will help with the recovery. The distress and fear that the pain causes your baby will lessen the bodies ability to cope.
I hope you find a good vet you can trust even if you have to drive a while to get there. I would never enter that place again if I were you.
gracielove is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!