View Single Post
Old 06-25-2011, 01:31 PM   #1
Ringo1
Ringo (1) and Lucy too!
Donating Member

Default I think Ringo bit Lucy

I'm so upset. I found two little scab marks on Lucy's NECK after our walk today when we were laying down resting and I was petting her.

On my dog park post - I mentioned that Ringo got REALLY MAD Wednesday evening when I took Lucy to the dog park and he had to stay home. I've never seen him like that.

He pounced on her when we got home. I really didn't think he bit her though - not at all. It's not like they never have skirmishes; she can't stand him trying to get on my bed . . etc. But no blood; never any blood.

I went out last evening and when I got home - I noticed that Lucy would RUN to her blanket at the far end of the room whenever I left the room. I couldn't figure out why she was doing that, but I had some suspicions.

And today, I found those two scabs. I think Ringo must have bitten her either Wednesday night or last night.

OMG. I'm so upset; he has never bitten her. Is this all it takes to upset the apparently delicate balance of their relationship? One trip without him? And I walked him afterward to avoid this very situation.

Needless to say, I've given up my dream of the dog park for Lucy; it's not worth it if it totally destroys our 'pack'. I will have to keep them separated when I'm not home until I figure out exactly what is going on.

I just had to vent; I'm so upset. I hope this isn't the start of something that I can't handle. Not after being together for two years.

I'm just sick that Ringo could do this. How else could she have scabs on her neck? She doesn't wear a collar.

If anyone has any words of widsom; I sure would appreciate it. I feel like crying right now; I failed to protect her. I forced her to go to that park and she didn't even like it; she was terrified. Now Ringo has attacked her and it' wasn't even her fault.

I feel like a terrible owner right now.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!