Thread: So frustrated
View Single Post
Old 06-25-2011, 06:45 AM   #8
McheleM
Donating YT 2000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyjane View Post
Are you sure they are just putting the food down and walking away? I would have a long talk with the vet about this.

I am quite sure that no matter what you did, they would not refuse to treat him!

I agree with ArmaniMan ... I would be hesitant because you don't want to bring him home and have him crash. Do they have him on IV fluids now?
I don't want him to come home and crash- but if the crash is from not eating, and them not feeding him, then he'll never get better know what I mean? He eats during the day when I'm there but then every morning I would call and she would say his glucose dropped during the night (probably from not eating) and then we would start the feed him, get his sugar back up process again.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellie May View Post
I agree. Are you sure they are only putting the food down and leaving? Kibble or canned? Sometimes patients will only eat for their owners. If it's not too far away, have you asked about coming in 3x daily to feed him and see how things go?
I have been doing this, but they won't let me come after hours or at night to feed him. The vet told me they don't have the time or resources to hand feed him, so if they are offering it and he doesn't eat it, they leave the bowl in the cage and tend to the other animals.
He is off the IV fluids, has been for about 18 hours now. She says he can go home today. I am about to leave to go get him. I bought 3 tubes of nutri-cal yesterday to make sure I have enough here at the house, just in case. Thanks all for the advice.
Quote:
Originally Posted by susan lynn View Post
If it was me I would try to go to the vets office and feed Noah as often as you can, whatever you wanted. You are the one paying for his care. I would be nervous about bringing him home if he isn't stable.

Last edited by McheleM; 06-25-2011 at 06:49 AM.
McheleM is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!