Thread: So frustrated
View Single Post
Old 06-25-2011, 06:42 AM   #6
Rhetts_mama
Donating YT 4000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by susan lynn View Post
If it was me I would try to go to the vets office and feed Noah as often as you can, whatever you wanted. You are the one paying for his care. I would be nervous about bringing him home if he isn't stable.

I would be parking my butt down there and feeding him, too.

From the other side though, while we want our pet to be the primary focus of the vet and their staff, the condition of other pets their may dictate that they just aren't able to spend the time spoon feeding the your little guy. Also, one of the things they are looking at is how capable your little man is of regulating himself as a sign of his condition. Obviously, he isn't able to do so right now. So even though you feel frustrated with what you perceive as a lack of care, it really is a clinical marker.

(Sorry if I'm not explaining that well. Basically what I am trying to say is that not all pet owners are as vigilant as you. The vet, out of an abundance of caution (probably because they've been burned at some time in the past), isn't going to want to send a pup home if it doesn't stand a fighting chance of doing well with a more 'hands off' type owner.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!